Friday, June 13, 2008

Want that coif?


Governed by societal considerations, men have to take several rounds to the barber shop throughout their lives. For people who have found the right haircut, it's comfortable. But for not so fortunate ones, like me, still looking for the right one, it becomes an ordeal. From the time I've gained consciousness, I've looked at other people's hair-styles and generally found them attractive and in vogue. However, I've not been able to reciprocate the same for myself. Some accentuate my face, while others simply won't stop curling. I have had so many blunders and been the butt of jokes, in both school as well college life, regarding my hair style. I have tried hard to emulate the John Abrahims, Dhonis, et al, but the experiment has always backfired. The most difficult part has been the barber himself. It has always been impossible to explain him about the haircut I want. He is never abreast with the latest trends in the hair-style industry. Tell him to do a Dhoni cut and he's not aware that Dhoni has cropped his hair. You always have to explain him the details to the point when you yourself might want to do the hair-styling. And it's difficult as I'm not well conversed about basic techniques of hair-cutting. He tries to understand but follows whatever he thinks is right. I wish all these hair-styles had a name and just like a restaurant system, you order the hair-style from the menu and poof!!! May be such system is prevalent in famous salons like the Habibs, but in normal circumstances you have to depend upon your barber. So, I've surrendered in my quest to find the right hairstyle and today I left myself on the mercy of the barber. And maybe it's my skull profile but I'm still not satisfied.

2 comments:

Gate Crasher said...

I dont agree completely with your viewpoint...Had it not been for some investment banking engineer.. we would not have had progress in Software in this field... education broadens perspective...which solving puzzles will not ..

The Evangelist said...

I guess its the wrong thread...Yes definitely education broadens ones perspective...I don't intend to abolish education but brain has a lot of market value...People without a degree too succeed though chances a quite slim...It just a suggestion to be taken in humor...:D...